Ann K. Robatin Fuerst, Ph.D
Ann Fuerst is Practice Leader and Instructional Designer at UpSearch.
Since 2005, Ann has designed, developed and managed 100+ instructor-led training and eLearning initiatives. She has worked in a variety of industries; including, banking, call center, consumable products, high tech (software), management consulting, manufacturing, membership associations, nonprofits, public education (K-12), and retail. Ann has established a reputation as a reliable and flexible professional who can work independently and as a team member to complete projects on time and within budget.
As Practice Leader, Ann helps leaders realize their organization's performance potential by identifying tools and strategies that streamline training processes and maximize learning opportunities. Ann has helped training teams build performance solutions from key competency mapping to curriculum mapping, templates, standards, and evaluation strategies. In addition, Ann has facilitated the evaluation, selection and implementation of eLearning authoring tools and LMS/LCMS.
In her role as instructional designer, Ann is typically responsible for analyzing training needs, recommending solutions, collaborating with subject matter experts to design and develop materials, and participating in pilot sessions to implement the training solution. In addition to seasoned instructional design skills, Ann has expertise in many technology-based design applications including Lumenix Developmer, SnagIt, Camtasia Studio, Coursemaker Studio, Captivate, Articulate, Engage, Dreamweaver, Flash, ToolBook and SurveyPro. She has designed and delivered training on live eLearning platforms such as MS Live Meeting, WebEx, Webroom and Packet8.
Ann has leveraged her experiences to train instructional designers and trainers on web-based training design and delivery strategies. She has delivered workshops on Instructional Design strategies for eLearning to new and seasoned instructional designers around the world, and worked one-on-one with trainers and managers to prepare them to deliver synchronous eLearning/webinar sessions.
- Emotional and Social Competency Inventory Accreditation, Case Western Reserve University 2009
- Ph.D. Education: Training and Performance Improvement, Capella University 2009
- Masters of Education in Curriculum, Instruction and Technology, Temple University 2001
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte 1998
Information Technology Skills
- LMS Platforms: Learn.comâ€™s LearnCenter, WebCT, Blackboard, Centra Virtual Campus, TEDS, SABA, Cornerstone on Demand, Lumenix Adminstrator.
- Development tools: Lumenix Developmer, SnagIt, Camtasia Studio, Coursemaker Studio, Captivate, Articulate, Engage, Dreamweaver, Flash, ToolBook, SurveyPro
- Software Applications: SPSS, MS Access, MS Office, MS Project, Lotus Notes, Seibel, InfoMapping Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, SharePoint, Nintex Smart Library
Awards, Publications & Speaking Engagements
- The Impact of Learning Styles on Preferred Instructional Methods and Perceived Effectiveness, Dissertation, Capella University, March 2009
- Strategic Retention, Learn.com Empowerment Conference, March 2006
- South Carolina Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Volunteer of the Year, 2005
- EPACE: E-learning initiative for Program of Alternative Certification for State of South Carolina, presented to South Carolina Secretary of Education, 2003